We help filmmakers explore uncharted frontiers and avoid dangerous pitfalls and predators.
We provide a variety of consulting services to documentary and fiction filmmakers. We can work with you to customize and execute strategies in the following areas:
• Financing—crafting distribution strategies that can be incorporated in business plans and used to pitch potential investors
• Festivals—strategizing about which festivals to apply to, ways to maximize your chances of acceptance, and how to work the festivals that you attend
• Distribution—developing hybrid approaches, securing the right domestic and foreign partners, and creating a comprehensive release plan
• Outreach—building awareness within target audiences, developing institutional partnerships, and organizing house parties and grassroots screenings
• Online—creating a dynamic website, partnering with allied websites and mailing lists, and reaching your core audiences effectively
• Direct sales—maximizing e-commerce from your website, selling multiple versions of your film plus additional products, and handling DVD replication and fulfillment cost-effectively
When We Can Help
While our services can be helpful at any stage from conceptualization to distribution, the earlier you consult with us, the better. A distribution strategy can help secure production financing and give you a head start building awareness among core audiences. When your film is nearing completion, it is important to have a strategy in place before applying to festivals, approaching distributors, and screening for the press.
If you are interested in our consulting services, please fill out our online project form. Each project is carefully considered based on this information. Because of commitments to our current clients, we can only take on a limited number of new clients. If we believe we can make a significant difference in the life of your project, we will arrange a phone call with you to discuss the possibilities.
The consultation process involves watching your film, reviewing your materials and website, and meeting in person or via a conference call for a detailed consultation. Following the initial consultation, we will be available for further consulting as needed.